I have compiled a Windows version of IPMItool 1.8.18. It is not available as exe download on the internet yet, hence im sharing this with you.
The source is directly downloaded from https://github.com/ipmitool/ipmitool/releases and compiled using Cygwin on Windows Server 2008.
How to compile IPMItool.exe for Windows
- Install Cygwin onto your windows system: Cygwin. While installing Cygwin, choose gcc and crypto packages in addition to default package;
- Download the latest source from ipmitool;
- Unzip, configure and build ipmitool using Windows powershell or CMD:
- Packaging IPMI binary and related DLLs into an archive file:
cp ipmitool-1.8.18/src/.libs/ipmitool.exe ipmitool/
cp /bin/cygwin1.dll ipmitool/
cp /bin/cygcrypto-1.0.0.dll ipmitool/
cp /bin/cygz.dll ipmitool/
cp /bin/cyggcc_s-1.dll ipmitool/
tar -zcvf ipmitool.tar ipmitool
- Unzip the file, ipmitool.tar in your destination host. Some of the sample commands to test your ipmitool.exe:
ipmitool.exe -I lan -U username -P password -H hostname sel list
ipmitool.exe -I lanplus -U username -P password -H hostname sel list